Crazy Spontaneous Trip!




So, last Friday (Jan 30), Robert and I were lying in bed and thought we should go somewhere for the weekend. We both were feeling that we have been so busy with all of the stresses of life that we just needed some alone time to re-connect. I started looking into where we could go with some frequent flyer miles and the next thing we know... we're booking a cruise to the Southern Carribean! We were at the airport in less than 24 hours from when we started thinking about it! Crazy, huh? Not at ALL like us! I was thinking how "young" and "carefree" this was and I looked at the two of us and started laughing. I'm knitting and Robert's reading a book about prostate health! Hmmmm.... maybe we'll work on our activities on the next spontaneous adventure!

We did so many random things. We jumped on a bus in Aruba and all we knew was that is was going to a beach... we didn't know which one. $2.60 later we're on one of the nicest beaches we'd ever been on.

Another day, we forgot to bring enough cash and we're scrounging for quarters to get a cab back to the ship. Robert dug us some "redneck lawn chairs" and we had such a great time talking to all the people walking by commenting on them. We started thinking that maybe we'd just start our own "redneck lawn chair" business. Who needs to bring extra cash anyway?!!!

We took the ship, Adventure of the Seas to Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. The ship was beautiful with an ice rink and a boardwalk with a mall. We loved it. One of the beaches that we ended up on in St. Maarten was so hot that all the people took their suits off! :) even the ones who shouldn't have! (and I was watching for the word "minimizing" while shopping for a swimming suit!) Wow! don't think we'll go back to that one! I think it must have been a "geriatric" nude beach... now I know why they don't have alot of scantily clad men on billboards let alone naked ones. There's just some things in this world you can't "unsee"...

We're so glad we went and it was wonderful just to be alone together. We decided to keep our bags handy for any more last minute adventures! It's so wonderful to be married to your best friend.

My cute husband, Robert

My cute husband, Robert